Ordering the CBC w/ Diff & Platelets with Vibrant America
A Complete Blood Count with Diff and platelets from Vibrant America is the CBC count test with the differential identification of the five different white blood cell types present in the blood:
This test gives practitioners a lot of information from your blood sample, including:
- The number and types of white blood cells (WBCs)
- The number of red blood cells (RBCs)
- The size of RBCs
- Platelet Count
- Hematocrit (HCT)
- Hemoglobin (Hgb, Hb)
- Mean corpuscular volume (MCV)
- Mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH)
Which Patients is the CBC with Differential from Vibrant America Best Used For?
A physician may order a complete blood count as part of an individual's checkup to monitor the overall health status and see how well certain treatments are working.
They may also order this test if a patient has:
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Infection or inflammation
- Weakness and tiredness that doesn't go away. These may be symptoms of anemia.
The Test May Help With the Diagnoses of:
- Blood disorders
- Immune system disorders
- Allergic reaction
- Other medical conditions
- Be sure to ask about all medicines, herbs, vitamins, and supplements the patient is currently taking. This includes medicines that don't need a prescription and illicit drugs.