Mycotoxins (toxins from mold) are some of the most prevalent toxins in the environment. The Mycotoxins test from Vibrant Wellness tests for the presence of toxic mold exposure by analyzing 31 of the most common mycotoxins to which humans are exposed.
The highly sensitive methodology based on mass spectrometry (MS) used on the test allows the clinically relevant assessment of difficult-to-detect toxins causative of serious diseases in humans. MS can detect small molecules and mycotoxins as small as 5 pcg, greatly expanding the number of available mycotoxins detected.
Mycotoxins are metabolites produced by fungi like mold, which can infest vehicles, buildings, and foodstuffs. Most mycotoxin exposures in Europe, North America, and Australia are through airborne exposure. People at risk for mycotoxin exposure include those who work or live in older buildings, those with impaired immune responses or higher levels of oxidative stress, and those who have known exposure to water-damaged buildings.
Treatment of mycotoxin exposure should involve a holistic approach to eradicate the mold from the body and removal of mold from the environmental sources affected and continued testing to monitor reductions in mycotoxin levels.
Mycotoxin symptoms are often vague and difficult to associate with a
diagnosis. However, several diseases and symptoms are linked to mycotoxin exposure. These include fever, fatigue and weakness, pneumonia-like symptoms, chronic burning in the throat and nasal passages, coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath, rheumatic disease, morning stiffness or joint pain, muscle weakness, heart disease, eye irritation or tearing of the eyes, headache or light sensitivity, loss of balance asthma, sinusitis, cancer, abdominal pain, diarrhea, or bloating, heightened sensitivity to chemicals and foods vision loss, slower reaction time, memory loss, skin rashes, disorientation or dizziness, depression, ADHD, anxiety, and liver damage.
A higher incidence of autoimmune or neurological symptoms can be found in patients with mycotoxin toxicity.
A urine sample is required for the test. If the urine is too concentrated or diluted, it may affect the detection of mycotoxins, leading to false negatives or false positives. Consider that normal urine color ranges from pale yellow to deep amber. A urine color of pale yellow is the most desirable sample.
The Vibrant Mycotoxins profile tests for the presence of toxic mold exposure by analyzing 31 of the most common mycotoxins to which humans are exposed.