In today's episode with Dr. Lara Zakaria, you’ll hear us take a deep dive on:
- Balancing medication and nutrition for optimal health
- Understanding drug-herb interactions
- Enhancing medication efficacy with functional foods
- Nutrient interactions with pharmaceuticals
- Nutrition and lifestyle strategies for managing depression
- Factors contributing to chronic anemia
- Improving mental health with a Mediterranean diet and gut health support
Lara is an Integrative Pharmacist, Certified Nutrition Specialist, and IFM Certified Practitioner (IFMCP). With over two decades dedicated to community pharmacy and retail, she seamlessly blends her expertise with more than ten years in integrative Functional Medicine, emphasizing nutritional strategies and plans.
Currently, Lara serves as a Pharmacist and Clinical Nutritionist at Foodie Farmacist and holds a position as a Clinical Pharmacist at AndHealth. In the academic sphere, she enriches minds as an Adjunct Assistant Professor at The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences and as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Bridgeport.
- TSH testing
- Anti-TPO test
- Nutritional testing
- CBC test
- CMP test
- Lipid panel test
- Full iron panel
- Genova Organic Acid test
- RBC blood test
The Root Cause Medicine Podcast is created by Rupa Health, the best way to order, track & manage results from 30+ lab companies in one place for free.
The Root Cause Medicine podcast is available on:
Rupa Health Details: